activate & use Inline 7 Iniste 8.5 Software

Jul 3, 2022 - 3:47 AM

Viewed 8389 times

• Tips to activate & use Inline 7 Iniste 8.5 Software?

• Inline7 runs the same driver as Inline6

• Software activation is done via server. Need to confirm by server and it may take some time, after success, the software is combined with your computer.

• Do not directly open the Inline 8.5 after installed, you need to go through the server software and use Inline 8.5.

• After Inline 8.5 is authorized successfully, users can use 3 years for free for 70 times, generally the user is supposed to get authorization every month (that is within 3 years, after the times is used up, users can get authorization by themselves). After 3 years, you need to pay extra license.

5.After activation, users are not allowed to change laptop motherboard, RAM and CPU. If you change them, you have to submit the Inline 7 serial number to the seller for activation.

• The Calibrations in the Inline 7 U disk can be used for 6 months only, after 6 months later you can search “Inline Calibrations” online and download to use.

7.If you install Chinese version insite 8.5, then you have to run “Cummins License Configuration tool” in Chinese; if you choose the other language to install insite 8.5, then run the “Cummins License Configuration tool” in English, because the dealer code is not the same.

Chinese dealer code: 010C
    English dealer code: 086N

8.After input Dealer code and serial number, please click on ” Payment success”, then provide the dealer with the serial number for processing in the server. When it is done, click on ” Payment success” again and you will receive a message indicating success.

This post was edited Aug 24, 2023 04:51PM
  • welcome new cummins inline 7

The INLINE 7 data link adapter communicates with your PC using a Universal Serial Bus (USB)

through a standard USB connector as well as through WiFi or Bluetooth. INLINE 7 is fully compliant with the Technology and Maintenance Council’s RP1210 standard and supports three simultaneous CAN connections and offers baud rates of 250k, 500k and 1 megabaud. INLINE 7 supports several other protocols such as J1708, J1587, ISO 15765, ISO 9141 (K and L line).

Cummins INLINE 7 Data Link Adapter INLINE 7-2.png

Cummins INLINE 7 Data Link Adapter Truck Diagnostic Tool Hot Sale!-5.jpg

This post was edited Sep 30, 2022 04:13AM
  • Will the cummins Inline 7 work with Cummins marine engines?

Yes, but only if you have the marine license for Cummins Insite. Or if using our free Diesel Explorer or paid PF-Diagnose it will work as well.Details at https://www.diesellaptops.com/products/cummins-inline-7-data-link-adapter

Introducing Cummins INLINE™ 7 Data Link Adapter-1.png

This post was edited Sep 30, 2022 03:22PM
  • Cummins INLINE 7 Data Link Adapter with Insite 8.3 Multi-language Software & Nexiq USB Link 2 + Software Diesel Truck Interface and Software with All Installers which to choose?

This post was edited Dec 2, 2022 08:14AM
  • Hello all. I have a new Cummins INLINE 7 that I purchased and a 2017 NED. I loaded everything up and connected to the truck. It did not auto-detect the engine, I had to select it from the list.

I also noticed the NED user guide does NOT list the Inline 7 as a compatible link.

• So many friends wonder what is different between Cummins INLINE 7 and NEXIQ USB Link 2. Let me share some users’ experience as following:

1:Cummins INLINE 7 Data Link Adapter Cummins Truck Diagnostic Tool with Cummins Insite 8.5/8.7 Software

Cummins INLINE 7 Data Link Adapter has a faster processor, more robust algorithms, larger memory buffers and more sophisticated filtering than previous models while simultaneously accessing multiple vehicle data channels. INLINE 7 supports USB, WiFi and Bluetooth technologies in a single device.

2: NEXIQ 2 USB Link + Software Diesel Truck Diagnostic Tool With All Adapters

NEXIQ 2 Support Heavy-Duty, Light-and Medium-Duty Trucks, CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT like (Wheel loader, Articulated Hauler and Excavator), Genset.

Cummins 7 is built by Nexiq for Cummins. and the Cummins have both Bluetooth and wifi and slightly faster even when looks same. the Nexiq 2 just have the Bluetooth you can choose.

Nexiq 2 have more protocols than Cummins 7,for example the Cummins 7 doesn’t work with Hini ,Toyota, Isuzu.

Cummins 7 for everything from ddct to Jpro and N14,from old to new works great for programming real fast,sometimes Cummins only like Cummins adapters, like N14 m11 570 .

• I've got laptop from Trukkscan and I use the inline 7 to plug into everything Cummins and Cat on highway stuff.